The MySignManager platform provides an inexpensive and easy to use way to coordinate your digital advertising across multiple displays. Getting started is very easy and requires only a compatible android device and a MySignManager account. This short instruction document will walk you through the process of registering a new display unit and its basic setup.
If you have not done so already, please create an account on MySignManager. You will need this to manage the displays.
The first step in the registration process is to download and install the application that you will run on your android device. You can download this application here. You should do this from your android device. Once downloaded you need to install it. Because it is sourced from a site which is not Google Play you may need to allow the installation of third part programs for this to complete. Once installed click on the Open button and the application will run.
When a device is not yet registered, you will be taken to a page on the mysignmanager site which will give you a 6 character code. This code identifies your new device to the platform and is what you will need to register it on the web site. Write this code down if you will not be able to see the android device screen during the next step.
The next step in the process is to register the new device using the code obtained. Although this can be done using any browser capable device I would suggest that you choose one with a suitable keyboard to make the entry of information easier.
- Go to the management site at https://manage.mysignmanager.com and click on the displays button on the left. If prompted for a username and password, enter the one that corresponds to your account.
- Next click on the ‘Register new display’ button at the top of the page.
- Where it says ‘enter access code’, enter the code that you saw displayed on your device and wrote down.
- Click on the ‘Retrieve display data’ button and the serial number of your new device will be displayed below the button.
- If you have multiple accounts that you manage on MySignManager then pick the one that you want to register this display to.
- Enter a description for the display which will ease in locating it if you have a large number of displays.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button.
You should see a message at the top of the screen indicating that your new display was registered and be returned to the main display list. Now you will need to add a playlist. Please see the how to on managing playlists.